This tutorial explains how to create a combo product in our system. A combo product is a product with multiple products combined into one. It can be an activity made up of different sessions or a package containing different kind of activities.
There are two ways of configuring a combo product, which is shown in the video at the bottom of this article.
To create a new combo product, follow these steps:
- Open the 'Menu' in the top right corner of the application and go to 'Products' -> 'Products'.
- Create a new product by clicking on the '+' icon on the top left.
- At 'Combo' field select 'Package'.
- You can now add existing products in this combo by pressing the '+' icon. The total price will be calculated by counting every product price in this combo.
- By double-clicking on one of the products, you have a couple of extra options:
- Quantity: the amount of this product that has to be sold.
- Product entry: you can enter an entry type here that will overrule the existing entry type linked to this product 'if there is one'.
- Custom price: turn this button on if you want to enter a different product price. This custom price will only be used for the combo you’re creating, this means that you are not editing the price of the product itself but you are customizing the price of the product that will be part of the combo.
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- The combo price is calculated by counting every product price. However, another method is to create one product with the total combo price and to change the custom price of every other product to '0'. You can then change the settings of each product so only the product with the combo price is shown on the cash report ('Display on reports' button).
- Example: A combo product called 'Promo Package' has been created which includes the following products:
- (NEW) Promo Package: 15 EUR – shown on cash report
- MGP Course Junior: 0 EUR (custom price) – not shown on cash report
- Sandwich: 0 EUR (custom price) – not shown on cash report